To apply CLICK HERE
Up to £23,000 + company pension, paid overtime or TIL, profit related bonus, share incentive plan and other benefits
Location: Near Bathgate (listed Georgian country house)
Hours of work will be 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Bookkeeper to join Fitwise Management Ltd, an award winning, Gold-rated Investors in People organisation, that operates in the professional healthcare association market. Fitwise was established over 25 years ago and has grown rapidly to reach a turnover of £2m with a headcount of 35. Fitwise is an employee owned company similar to John Lewis which means that you will have an opportunity to have a real stake and interest in the company. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Bookkeeper and will be responsible for maintaining and preparing the accounts for a number of Fitwise’s healthcare association clients. The role involves keeping all relevant financial records and information updated, checking data entry, answering queries regarding the accounts, producing and checking VAT returns, invoicing and other bookkeeping tasks related to Fitwise or our clients.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Strong experience in managing bookkeeping needs of a portfolio of companies
- Good knowledge of VAT
- High level of competency in SAGE LINE 50
- Ideally qualified to Higher Grade or above in appropriate subjects
- IT proficient (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and positive outlook
- Adopts a methodical and systematic approach to work and time management
- Strong written, verbal and telephone communication skills
- An inquisitive and creative mind with good analytical skills and the ability to draw logical conclusions
- Works well within a team and is self-motivated
- Has an attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Is persistent and tenacious, demonstrating an ability to solve problems creatively
We all kicked off the new year by starting a Walking Club which meets every Friday lunchtime and involves a walk around our beautiful office grounds. Staff get to enjoy a slightly longer lunch break which enables them to put on their walking boots and get some much needed fresh air as well as an opportunity to catch up with colleagues and to be more active!
Our team raised over 60 Easter Eggs this year! All Easter Eggs were donated to West Lothian Carers.
On Thursday 19th April the company participated in a Car Treasure Hunt. This involved 5 times visiting different stops around the West Lothian area to collect answers and to pose for silly selfies! Congratulations to Team 2 for winning!
We will be celebrating Employee Ownership day again this year with an enjoyable staff lunch.
Our annual team development day will be held this summer and it gives staff the opportunity to come together and have some fun! We provide an educational session in the morning followed by some team building games.
We will be celebrating Halloween again this year with a competition for the best fancy dress costume in the office.
We will be taking part in Christmas Jumper day with all participants donating £1 to come to work wearing their favourite Christmas jumper.
April 21, 2019
April 19, 2019Don’t ever miss out on an event happening near you. Sign up to our mailing list to receive news of educational even… https://t.co/QQSOjXKR35 via @Fitwise_mgt
April 17, 2019
April 17, 2019
April 15, 2019
April 12, 2019